Post by brain galacki on May 25, 2021 8:11:46 GMT -6
Wow gang, I am planning my next big pinball trip... while looking at a couple of great spots in Lafayette, Indiana I could not help but notice this location on pinside.com that had close to 30 pinballs listed that is right before you get to Lafayette - in Attica, Indiana called "PINBALL ON PERRY"
Wow this is like less than an hour away from Champaign, what the heck.. looking at their facebook page looks like they are having tournaments and giving away Nintendo Switches all the time! www.facebook.com/pinballonperry
Post by brain galacki on Jun 7, 2021 10:51:33 GMT -6
I went to all of the places in Indiana this weekend, and played a lot of pinball. All of the places I went to were great. This place Pinball on Perry was in a tiny town so it reminded me a lot of Arcadia in McLean, except the games and everything was way nicer. They definitely specialized in newer and very expensive pinballs, but they also had a handful of older ones so it was a nice mix. Some big takeaways from this place:
- They had ALL of the Jersey Jack pinballs??? Including *very rare and expensive* **LIMITED EDITION** Pirates of the Carribean? And Guns N Roses. I didn't play either of those because I was playing the games I hadn't played before.
- ^^WIZARD OF OZ was the one Jersey Jack I haven't played I believe and that one blew me away. TWO upper playfields in ONE game, are they CRAZY?? Plus a flying monkey that picks up your ball, magnets under the playefield in places that I don't even know, pop bumpers with moving trees... this pinball truly has it ALL. Five flippers total?
- There were a couple of newer Sterns that I HAD played before but not the PREMIUM editions or LIMITED EDITIONS like that were here at Pinball on Perry. Some nice surprises for me were the Black Knight Sword of Rage Limited edition that had the upper playfield? The MUNSTERS premium edition that had the LOWER playfield with the TINY BALLS that you could get MULTIBALL ON?? What great games. And they had LIMITED EDITION led Zeppelin, which means I have now played all THREE versions of that game.
- Other nice surprises of games i have not played before: HOUDINI (American Pinball) - where wow, probably the most balls in a multiball I have experienced happened during this game. I think there were like 7 or 8 balls. There was a really weird magic mode where the flippers buttons were FLIPPED and UPSIDE DOWN - as in they were in "UP" mode and pressing the button made the flippers go DOWN. It was as confusing as it sounds. Somehow I had a really good game and entered in my initials into that machine.
- It was also my first time playing Lord of the Rings pinball, another good game that I can see why it is the top 10 or 20 of Pinside's top games
current high score holder on: Ninja Turdles, Pin•Bot, Pengo, Lady Bug, Tank Battalion, The End, Jr. Pac-man, Amidar, and New Rally X. *2nd highest Dolly Parton score in the world*
Post by somejabroni on Jun 7, 2021 13:14:32 GMT -6
Wow Attica really has it all. I don't know if I've played a pin in person with multiple playfields, I think only on the computer. I thought they were just pipe dreams! But nope, the dream is alive in Attica Indiana
tiltwarningil.bandcamp.com Pinside: SomeJabroni Current DR Hi-Scores: Super Bubble Bobble Champion Ghosts & Goblins Player
Post by jeffradon2000 on Jun 7, 2021 16:26:14 GMT -6
very cool brain that you got to experience all of those pinballs. They used to have WOZ at CP Pinball years back, there was a lot of anticipation around that game when it first came out as JJ was the first company to make a pinball that was stern since the early 2000s. It always seemed to me that they tried real hard to cram as much stuff as possible into that pin but not so good on ball flow. It's ok tho. I haven't played one in a while since I am a little better at the pinball.
I have not yet played a Houdini, which was American Pinball's first game. I've heard it's hard as the shots are really hard to hit, which is usually why they are often listed for sale. I like the theme tho.
They have LOTR at CP, I've played it plenty of times, it's always an epic adventure playing that one.
Official Dumb Records #1 Hi Score Holder on Time Pilot, Blackout Pinball, Raphael champion, Fish Tales Pinball